Santa Barbara real estate agent Timm Delaney has recently received his SFR certification. For those unfamiliar with this type of Realtor certification SFR is an acronym for short sales in foreclosure resource certification. Timm is extremely excited and proud to have recently received the certification and hopes that it allows him to better serve his clients in the modern Santa Barbara real estate market. For many real estate agents foreclosures and short sales have become the new “traditional”real estate transactions and are more frequent than ever. As such Timm hopes that his recent certification will help him serve his clients better by helping them avoid foreclosures whenever possible and by helping them through a foreclosure quickly when there are no other alternatives. Either way anyone working with him can be certain that they’ll be getting the best Santa Barbara real estate agent available.
What is an SFR Certified Real Estate Agent?
In short it is knowing how to help sellers maneuver the complexities of short sales as well as help buyers pursue short sale and foreclosure opportunities.
How To Become a SFR Certified Santa Barbara Real Estate Agent?
- Anyone applying for SFR certification must not only be a member of the National Association of Realtors but must be in good standing with that organization as well.
- In order to become SFR certified every Santa Barbara real estate agent must complete a qualifying course. This course is known as the Short Sales and Foreclosures Course: What Real Estate Professionals Need to Know. This course is available in the classroom and is also available through the National Association of Realtors University. In addition to that class Santa Barbara real estate agents may also select a course called CRS 111: Short Sales and Foreclosures: Protecting Your Clients Interests.
- Once courses are completed a Santa Barbara real estate agent must view three one-hour webinars which are available to agents free of charge. These webinars cover many of the same things that the class courses though they delve more in depth giving every Santa Barbara real estate agent who views them great insight into the short sale and foreclosure processes.
- Once a Santa Barbara real estate agent has viewed the webinars and completed at least one of the aforementioned courses they are free to submit an application for their SFR certification. The National Association of Realtors then reviews every SFR certification application and rewards certification to any agent who has completed all the required courses and to those Santa Barbara real estate agents who have a genuine interest in helping clients and their community with short sales and foreclosures.
Why Use an SFR Certified Santa Barbara Real Estate Agent?
- Homeowners have plenty to deal with when they’re faced with a foreclosure or short sale of their home and those who choose to go alone or go with your run-of-the-mill Santa Barbara real estate agent often find that they don’t get as many breaks as they would have they worked with somebody who is SFR certified.
- Working with an SFR certified Santa Barbara real estate agent would not only make sure that the homeowner is treated fairly and gets a good deal but will give the homeowner peace of mind as well and allow them to focus on more important things.
- People facing a foreclosure or short sale are facing not only an enormous financial issue but an emotional one as well. Working with someone who’s SFR certified means you’ll not only have someone on your side that understands and can navigate through the complexities of short sales and foreclosures but you’ll have someone that understands your needs and the sensitivity of the situation.
Any homeowner who has worked with an SFR certified Santa Barbara real estate agent will tell you that when it comes to a short sale or foreclosure there really is no other alternative other than working with and SFR certified Santa Barbara real estate agent. This is because these agents have been trained specifically to deal with short sales and foreclosures, know all the guidelines and legalities regarding such things, and generally have a more empathetic and sometimes sympathetic outlook on the situation their clients find themselves in. Additionally SFR certified Santa Barbara real estate agents tend to go out of their way to not only make the process is simple and stress free for those dealing with it but also out of their way to help their clients stay in their homes or at least walk away with something in their pockets.
If you’re facing a foreclosure or short sale of your home be sure to contact Timm Delaney as he can definitely be of great assistance. Prior to becoming SFR certified Timm Delaney was already a fantastic real estate agent and celebrated by his peers as being one of the best in all of Santa Barbara. Now with this certification under his belt he is now qualified to assist a group of people that could really use a helping hand in their time of need. Be sure to contact him today for help with foreclosures and short sales.